Debatte über Transmenschen: Rowlings simpler Reflex
jk rowlings transphobia wasn´t hard to find
Beitrag #4
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/pkeyn...k-about-it

"...J.K. Rowling is transphobic. She wrote a transphobic novel. She tweets transphobia. She's also written a racist one (maybe more than one, given the stereotypes that are strewn throughout the Potter books, but I'm only talking about the mysteries here). But the thing that really haunts me about the Strike novels, and what they reveal about Rowling, is that their worst traits and authorial decisions seem fueled by a kind of defensive contempt. She became a beloved juvenile fiction celebrity for writing a story about a very privileged group of "misfit" friends who fought exaggerated avatars of classism and racism. But at every turn, success seems to have made her more vindictive, more resentful.

As they grew older, many of the young readers who loved these stories, but struggled to see themselves in them, started asking Rowling why her attempts at inclusion only came via retcons after the series was finished. Countless people aspired to be the next J.K. Rowling, and offered their own thoughts about how her stories might have been better. And confronted with criticism and questions about her work and the biases and prejudices that may have shaped it, Rowling's response was to take another name and lash-out in another series where she finally just said what she thinks of all those people who think they might deserve better than being ignored."
 (c  ..)~          Heart          \(._.  D)

E   L   E   F   A   N   T   E   N  L   I   E  B  E

t  ö  t  e  t   F  a   s   c  h   i   s   m   u   s
Zitat

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
RE: Debatte über Transmenschen: Rowlings simpler Reflex - von Patricia1975 - 24.12.2019, 15:23
jk rowlings transphobia wasn´t hard to find - von Kosmonautin - 04.04.2020, 20:27
RE: jk rowlings transphobia wasn´t hard to find - von Sunburst - 09.06.2020, 11:53
Contrapoints - von Kosmonautin - 26.01.2021, 18:21

Gehe zu: